Thursday, September 1, 2011

Introduction


          Indeed, readers, a miracle has happened! I have recently enrolled in the new Advanced Creative Writing class at Grace and as part of that class, I am required to submit a blog at least twice a month. What exactly does this mean? Well, firstly, this means I will have to be more consistent in my blogging. But this also means I might post something a little different than the standard blog from time to time. Feel free to continue to comment or critique no matter what though. And as always, I appreciate your faithfulness and look forward to your input.

For the newly expanded purpose of this blog, I will be introducing myself:
         
          Hello, my name is Trevor Franz. I am currently a senior at Grace University and I am majoring in Humanities – English (pretty much English). As indicated by both this blog and my major, I do plan on being a writer in the future, but in what form this comes to being is still yet to be determined. I am a follower of Christ, and proudly so. However, this does not mean this blog is only for Christians nor is it for me to preach at people. Mainly what I try to do is to get people thinking about different topics. Those who have read my blog would know at least one of my sayings that reflects most my blog ideas: "ignorance is the enemy." I have recently adopted another saying, which is: "indifference is death." What I mean by these is that I want people to take a side, but not to do so without gaining a better knowledge of things. If we face an opposing view, the best thing to do is not ignore or disregard it, but to study it and understand why people take that view. In any case, I welcome and ask for your input on both the topics at hand as well as on my writing. As an aspiring professional, I want to the best I can be and the best way to get there is by having people critique my writing.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment